Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Time time time.

I need more time, i need time to stop so i can be done with all my homework so i can run to my craft room:) im also trying to figure out how in the world ti make a miniature dvd or cd, any ideas? Comment please, i thought of beads but it wants any good and then buttonsnhave two holes and they dont look like a dvd or cd. The reason is i was going to try for a funky wall art pieces for the mckinley, yes i know its not done yet, you still need to order the roof for the laundry room, yeay yeah, well i really just want to create miniature things:)


I found this on the internet when i looked up the frase "its Bill Fucking Murray" thanks to Zombieland!!!! This is also why i want to know what would look like small cds, this would be for 1/12th scale, im going to paint on the cd the name or just use as is would be easier.... I will be right back, thank the Lord for smart apps for ipad! Lol well brb..
Well, sorry i had to clean the dishes, clean up after my puppy (Oscar) and get caught up in my school work, i did all of it in like 4 hours since i left. Well yes i left the blog sit... I also took pictures! I will explain how i got the resin into the green topped aquarium here shortly.. Lets drop down.
On the top left hand side there is a black piece that pops out were most average people put water into right? Well Sarah or myself thought this would make a wonderful salt tsnk aquarium that she always wanted... Since it was only $3 on ebay, heck yah, well got to it 2 or 4 months after i bought it ok i forgot about it for that long any way... I was going to take the top off change everything, little coral and grass and then little micro nail beads, well glad i didnt buy anything, since the top was super glued on. Not the sellers fault either, it was brand new unopened.
Oh yes the tutorial

What is needed: resin of your choice, I used a "grow aquarium tank"... Also used was added. small out door rocks( such as some gravel that i cleaned) then i put the resin into a saline solution bottle, then i held the bottle together since those bottles dont recap, and squeezed the bottle till all the resin was poured into the tank this took only one bottle. I had extra that would then go into the fish bowl i will talk about soon. Im now going go show the top of the box that the gree topped aquarium came in.:) the aquarium is either a sea salt or a 1/6 or barbie 10 gal tank.
Remember the lid was super glued, if anyone knows around the super glue ways, i would love to know just in case i forget... But i dont think i could forget about the whole thing, resin all over till my mom grabbed an empty bottle and helped me out!
This fish bowl was wayyyy easier! Smashed beads, a fish bead, resin of choice, and a fish bowl. It was the easiest thing. I got the fish to stay in place but a fishing line string( ironic right?) and toothpick and some tape. Tied the bead with the line and then i tied the line to the toothpick which then the line was way to short for me to tie it to the toothpick. This made it to bring the tape in. By the way, if you want to do this smash the beads on cement, my craft table is dented in two places.... Yah i know dumb Sarah! But it was dark and there is 3 feet of snow on the ground and living in the country makes for coyotes and mountain lions to be out. These animals are very curious! I wasnt going to take any risks.. And im just a baby:) also my mom would have yelled at me since i had to miss two days of school due to the flu... "You dont need to be out in the cold, you were just sick 2 days ago!" I could just hear it now! Oh hi mom i love yah! Well im not going to be hiding in my craft room:)
Well here are some more things that i worked on, if you were following this week i did a some what of a tutorial on the binder and the "28 days later" poster. Even if i painted mine, i guess you could print yours if you want, i give you permission if you want to print mine:) that would just be awesome! I want to sell some of my things that i paint, but i dont know if people would actually want to buy them. I guess i will just keep posting and maybe one of these days someone will be like " oh thats amazing how much!" Haha sorry im in dream land, its around the time for me to go to sleep now.... Its been a long day started at 5:30 and usually ending at 9:30. Also im caught up in all my classes! Oh did i say that? Oh well.

I didnt work in the mckinley, but i do need to get some money saved up before working the roof and to build the laundry room sink, since the sink is going to be a tutorial i found that is made from mat board and the roof is going to be made from some wood i have to order from the greenleaf dollhouse shop.... At least i start my first job on Thursday! That makes it easier to get a few christmas presents for me and more for my family:) i can also craft decorstions in real scale:) so its ok:) my mom loves to get paintings and some of my other art pieces. I should get those up later on in the week! I think everyone would love to see them even if half of my family has seen them:) but, its ok my mini followers havent;) and i want to put them on the blog to show more creativity then some small things i did....well goodnight or good morning, but its night in my area. Well bye bye:(

1 comment:

  1. A real CD or DVD is about 4.5" in diameter.
    So for 1:12 scale you want a circle that is 3/8" - that's very small - too small to write on.

    I suggest you punch or cut a circle from some heavy silver paper - like card stock or maybe part of a Christmas card. For the hole in the middle I would push a large needle through the middle of the circle. If you want the hole a bit bigger use a round toothpick next and turn it around and around until the hole looks the right size.

    Hope that helps,
    Cindy in San Diego

    ReplyDelete